Would you like more flexibility to run your preferred applications and software configurations?
Want more performance for your e-commerce website to handle all the recent traffic?
Looking to upgrade your web hosting game without investing in a Dedicated Server if you are a blogger on a budget?
If any of these hypothetical scenarios apply to you, then a Virtual Private Server (VPS) is right for you.
VPS hosting is the perfect choice for websites that need more power than just basic web space. VPS Hosting operates and performs like an independent physical machine, but it’s partitioned into multiple “virtual” servers offering security and flexibility to your site while you retain full control over its environment – including what IP addresses are allowed access from outside sources!
How Other Hosting Options Compare
The key difference between hosting services is how the servers are set up and who has access to them (aka customers like you).
VPS Hosting is the hybrid approach that combines the benefits of Shared Hosting and Dedicated Server Hosting.
Shared Hosting is more like the “entry-level” of hosting, where you and other customers share access to one physical server and resources. These resources on this shared host include disk space as well as RAM; however, there’s only limited administrative power available for customization with
Dedicated server hosting is the polar opposite of shared hosting. Here, one single customer gets an entire server to themselves (ahem no sharing at all). Although there’s a higher degree in self-management and power with this option, it also comes at much greater cost than its counterpart and can only run on one Operating System (OS)..
So without further ado, here are the 6 reasons why VPS Hosting might be exactly what you’re looking for.
1. It’s Completely Scalable
A Virtual Private Server (VPS) is designed to work with the natural ebbs and flows of a business regardless of its size or how quickly it grows.
VPS Hosting allows you to start as small as your business can afford and grow as your business expands. Pretty scalable, right?
Depending on your hosting provider, you simply need to authorize the costs of any upgrade (more RAM or CPU if your website is growing) or downgrade (a downsize if your business downsizes or has an unexpected turn for the worse).
Don’t deal with hardware installations or long data transfers; a VPS lets you decide when you need more (or less) resources.
2. It Gives You Control (If You Want It)
With a VPS, you make the decisions.
It does not matter whether you want to manage things yourself or enlist the help of your hosting provider, a VPS gives you root access, the ability to install and update your own software, run batch files, create backups, and customize your control panel.
Since you don’t share a server with your neighbors (as you do with shared hosting), you have much more control since you don’t have to worry about rogue applications shutting you down. Considering that this is your own private server, you can install whatever application you wish, whenever you wish.
Even if you never need to contact your hosting provider, having an expert on hand when you need one can be a real lifesaver. It allows you to focus on your small business, not on technical details.
3. It’s Got Reliable Uptime
We all know that downtime is costly for your business.
With a Virtual Private Server, you define your own memory and bandwidth allocations. You won’t have to worry about slow loading times if your website grows in popularity. Why? Due to your VPS’s ability to handle all the incoming traffic, your business can continue as normal.
A VPS is also a great choice if you want to boost the SEO performance of your website. Unlike shared hosting, VPS Hosting offers more optimization options to optimize your website’s loading time. Due to the fact that Google takes into account page loading times, the fast performance and higher amount of resources of VPS Hosting are sure to keep your business or blog at the top of Google’s list.
Comparatively to Dedicated Server Hosting, a VPS also has its own OS and can be rebooted separately. The portability of applications is a huge benefit of VPS hosting. You can upgrade or downgrade your virtual server without experiencing any downtime if you decide to do so. Reliable, indeed.
4. It’s Very Secure
Concerned about security? Don’t worry, a VPS has your back.
Since your website is hosted in its own “virtual” space, you don’t have to worry about what your neighbors are doing, as you might with shared hosting. Because a VPS gives you root access, you can implement advanced security measures in your server environment. What does this mean exactly? A secure partition keeps your neighbors from seeing your resources or files.
Also often, both VPS Hosting and Dedicated Server Hosting come with a dedicated IP address, which makes it far less likely that your website will be confused for another, as well as providing benefits for email marketing and security for e-commerce.
Small businesses or organizations with highly mobile employees can benefit greatly from such secure access.
5. It Won’t Break the Bank
Virtual Private Server’s are more or less in the middle when it comes to cost.
Even though it is a bit more expensive than Shared Hosting, it is significantly less expensive than a Dedicated Server.
Additionally, when you consider how easily and effectively a VPS can scale, it makes it the most cost-effective hosting option. To put it simply, you get what you pay for and/or you use what you pay for.
Because you don’t have to pay the upfront costs of a physical server, you only buy the resources you need and don’t overspend on unnecessary resources.
That’s pretty cost-effective, huh?
6. It Suits Many Scenarios
Running a VPS is a great choice for many different website needs.
- If you run a high-traffic website – as we mentioned earlier, a VPS is built to handle surges in traffic, such as e-commerce sites promoting seasonal sales
- Using a sandbox – A sandbox is a virtual environment that many companies use to build, test, and deploy software before it gets into production. Need to identify bugs? Fix them? Test patches? Your best bet is a VPS, which allows you to test and/or simulate whatever you need. After you’re done, you can easily return to default settings. A Dedicated Server Hosting account must be reset by Customer Support, which can take several days.
- If you want to develop your own software – Programming students or web developers, this one’s for you. You can use a VPS to experiment with different scenarios/staging environments and figure out what works best.
- If you want to have separate backup storage – A VPS has a specific amount of disk space and file limitations so it makes sense to store offsite backups there.
- If you stream online – A VPS is a good option if you regularly vlog, create online courses, hold digital conferences and broadcast content.
- If you are a reseller host or domain reseller – VPS hosting offers more power than shared reseller hosting, allowing you to implement customized control panels and features that drive more sales.
- If you handle email/database servers – VPS will give you full control over outgoing emails while allowing you to set up advanced filters. A VPS offers more security and optimized resource usage for database servers.
- If you use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) – If you want to set up secure access for your business network, a VPS helps control all incoming traffic.
Damex Digital Makes It Easy
Look no further than Damex Digital’s VPS Hosting Plans (Quasar or Pulsar) for more control, increased security, and more flexibility.
No matter which plan you choose, you’ll be able to enjoy many of the benefits of a Dedicated Server without having to pay for it. Compared to Shared Hosting, VPS gives you much more flexibility and freedom. You can choose the type of server management you want (User-Responsible, Basic, or Complete) with your Virtual Private Server (VPS).
Want to switch from Shared Hosting to VPS Hosting? Our friendly team of qualified experts makes everything so easy with Damex Digital. The best part? Whether you’re a Damex Digital customer or a third-party customer, you can transfer for free.
You don’t have to wait for your new VPS to be deployed with Damex Digital. It only takes minutes instead of hours.
When your online business experiences both highs and lows and you need the option to respond quickly, while adding power to match the demand, a VPS is the perfect choice.